Rosy Perfection Salad: Recipe

Saturday, June 21, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »

My summer indulgence is now Swingtown. I didn’t hold much hope for the show, but I find myself rather enjoying it. Unfortunately, it co-stars the same woman from the summer flop Windfall that got cancelled two years ago. I hope that isn’t a bad omen. I like her as the sexy siren of a nextdoor neighbor.

In Thursday’s episode, Janet (the former neighbor) wrote a recipe for Rosy Perfection Salad on Susan’s dining room wall. I’d never heard of Rosy Perfection. Google corrected that for me. I was able to locate someone else’s blog that posted the recipe.

Here is the recipe from a 1974 Weight Watcher’s card:

Rosy Perfection Salad

1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
1-1/4 c Water
1/4 c Sugar
1/4 c Vinegar
1/2 t Salt (or to taste)
2 c Finely Shredded Red Cabbage
1 c Chopped Celery
1 jar mandarin oranges, drained and chopped

In medium saucepan, soften gelatin in 2 tablespoons of the water; let stand 1 minute. Add rest of water and, over low heat, cook until gelatin dissolves. Add sugar, vinegar and salt; stir until sugar dissolves. Chill until partially set. Fold in remaining ingredients and chill 3 hours or overnight. Note: With the single envelope of gelatin and the loads of veggies, I think Janet likely improved on this salad’s tastiness a bit but, from the image, lost the molded form (a blessing). Serve it at your next 70s or Vintage Weight Watchers party.

Recipe from: http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/index.php/2008/06/20/swingtown-longing-shame-and-that-rosy-perfection-recipe/

0 comments: