Sickening Soul

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »

I try to be tolerant. I try to be understanding. No, no, really, I do! But one human can only listen to the same children’s songs so many times before maddening thoughts begin racing through her brain. My brain. I know the tunes are meant to be lighthearted and catchy so that kids will enjoy them. The problem is, they work way too well. One song will burrow in and embed itself into my brain for days. Sometimes weeks.

It’s torture. Sheer torture.

If I have to listen to Choo-Choo Soul, featuring Genevieve, one more freaking time, I’m going to do very bad things. And don’t even get me started on Laurie Berkner. I’d like to bop her on her googlehead.

The wutz loves them though. He’s fascinated by each and every one. So, unfortunately, I think they are here to stay. At least until I teach him some Ozzy.

Mama, I’m coming home…

0 comments: