PRK Recovery: Day 2

Saturday, July 12, 2008 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

Last night wasn’t terrible. I was actually able to watch half of a movie before I became too sleepy to stay awake. Unfortunately, I woke up at 2:30am with a wutz foot jammed into my spine. Oy. Upon waking, I realized that my eye mask that I’m supposed to wear was MIA. It took me several minutes of fumbling in the dark to find it resting on the floor beside my bed.

At 3am I got up and went to another bedroom to sleep. It was just too hard to fall asleep only to be kicked awake again. I slept peacefully until after 7 this morning. When I woke up my eyes felt perfectly fine. Until I put eye drops into them. That’s when they began to sting again. It took me about 30 minutes to get all of the various drops into my eyes.

I then waited until 9:30am to take the painkiller they gave me. I didn’t really need it but I wanted to be prepared since the doctor said this afternoon and Sunday would be the worst of it. After that I took a long hot shower, while being very careful not to get my eyes wet.

Right now my vision is very hazy and blurry, so if there are typos in this, do forgive me. I just wanted to post a quick update!

More to come tomorrow.

0 comments: