Finally!

Monday, August 18, 2008 Edit This 3 Comments »

I've been waiting patiently. Okay, not really, but let's pretend that I have patience.

Anyways, tonight as I put the wutz to bed, I curled up next to him to 'sleep sleep' and we bumped noses as we do each night. Then I told him I loved him. After we snuggled a little more, I got him to say "I" "Love" "You" "Mommy" with my prompting. Then, a few moments later, without prompting, he said, "I love you, Mommy."

My heart melted into a puddle right then and there.

An eavesdropper would likely have not been able to make out what the wutz said, but I knew. My heart knew.

It was the best thing I think I've ever heard.


I love you, too, baby.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Aw!

Heather said...

awwww I know, I love when Aiden tells me that he loves me. It's the best words out of his mouth! Makes my heart melt and feel so full!

xoxox Aidensmom

Sam said...

Aww! That is fantastically sweet!!!
I'm fighting the urge to say congrats! LOL!