Veteran's Day March

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

Today is Veteran's Day. One of the rare holidays that I get off, since most holidays fall on Mondays and I don't work Mondays. I was so excited to have the morning to myself! The wutz has school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so after his school, I had it all scheduled for my nephew to watch him down in Tallahassee. That meant I'd have an ENTIRE day to myself. Bliss.

But for those of you that have had children, you realize I'm still getting a crash course in Sod's Law. Which, quite naturally, was called into play. The wutz is sick. Last night he had a fever of 102.5, which meant there was no way I was going to send him to school today.

So here we are. Home together.

I don't mind it, I'd much rather him get better, especially since we are going to Disney World this weekend!

However, I think he's going a little stir crazy. Just a few minutes ago he was stomping around the house exclaiming "March! March! March!" The parade continued around and around the sofa, around the island in the kitchen, then back around the sofa again. But then suddenly he'd exclaim, "Wait a minute!" then come to a complete halt before resuming his "March! March! March!"

Honestly, I tried not to laugh, but...

0 comments: