Happy Easter!

Sunday, April 12, 2009 Posted In , , , , Edit This 1 Comment »

Yesterday, after baking the cake, I had some leftover batter in various colors. I decided not to waste it, and instead I made cupcakes. Below are pictures of the process, but please ignore the poor quality of the cupcakes in the end. I may be able to bake something that tastes good, but the whole 'pretty cupcakes' ability is beyond me. I cannot figure out how to make them look nice, so I have given up even trying. They do taste a heckuvalot better than they look. But you'll just have to trust me on that!






And here is the finished product of the rainbow cake!




After the day's chores were finished yesterday, we took some time to dye Easter eggs. The wutz considered it to be a very serious matter:


1 comments:

Heather said...

LOL he looks so cute! Trick to cupcakes: use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into liners. Then you can thin out your icing a bit and dunk the cupcake in the icing and it makes a pretty cupcake :) OR use a piping bag to pipe the icing on the cupcakes. Take more time but the end result is very nice!
LOVE all those colors btw...