Good Grief

Thursday, June 19, 2008 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

I canNOT believe that my eyes stayed dilated for two days after that consultation. So much for the ‘few hours of dilation’ the girl at the desk warned me about. Unless 48 hours is her definition of a few. Good grief!

I called the eye doctor back yesterday. I was concerned about the fact that Lortab is one of the pain pills they offer after the PRK surgery. Lortab and Vicodin work great for pain, but after a surgery like that, I am going to want to sleep and narcotics have the opposite result where I am concerned. It’s like speed for me! Crazy, I know.

Anyways, the lady from the office called back and said the Dr. would just double my dose of Neurontin and not prescribe the Lortab. I’ve never heard of Neurontin, so I am a little concerned about its effectiveness. I guess I’ll have to trust them and at the same time I’ll be praying for lots of drowsiness as a side effect! Personally, I’d like to sleep for the first 48 hours after the proceedure. I’m a wuss that way.

I am quite certain that I’ll become well acquainted with Dr. Google between now and then. Hopefully I won’t freak myself out enough that I back out of the procedure.

0 comments: