PRK Recovery: Day 5

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

Today was probably the roughest yet. The bandage contacts were driving me absolutely batshit. Everytime I’d put drops in my eyes - which is about 1,876,345 times a day - it would feel like the contacts were trying to float out of my eyes. It is such a yucky, scratchy feeling.

Fortunately, the eye doctor removed the contacts this evening! He put the numbing drops in my eyes first, which made it easy to remove the lenses, but the drops gave me a near-instant headache, which I still have. Ergh. A leftover Vicodin should fix that up right quickly, though.

I’m supposed to put drops in my eyes four times a day for the next two weeks. Then the dr wants to see me again. He claims that I should be about 75% healed. Two weeks from that date, he says that I’ll be nearly 100% healed. I’m looking forward to the final results!

But, headache aside, I’m feeling much much better already with the contacts being GONE!

And on another positive note, my parents are going to take the wutz tomorrow morning and keep him all day so I can actually have a full day of peace and quiet, which I didn’t even get while I was attempting to recover this weekend after the surgery. I am sooooo looking forward to it.

0 comments: