PRK Update!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »

I had a checkup at the eye doctor this afternoon. He checked looked at my eyes and said all the whatever-is-inside looks like it is healing right on schedule. Yay! Then he checked my vision.

I am currently seeing 20/25!

How awesome is that??? I was really surprised because I did not think I'd have that much improvement. When I began this ordeal, the eyesight in my left eye was 20/200 and it was 20/400 in my right eye! What a massive improvement!

The even better news is, the doctor said that by my next appointment I will be seeing 20/20! I was floored when he said that. When I signed up for this, he told me he couldn't get 20/20, but apparently he was wrong! It is a very very good wrong, too. I mean, if a doctor is ever to be wrong, this is the kind of wrong a person wants to get!

The bad news is that I have to contine with the Pred Forte drops for another month. I have to use them 4 times a day for another week, then 3 times a week, then 2 times, then 1 time per day for a week. Bummer. I hate that stuff. It is sticky and leaves this white filmy matter all over my eyelashes. I swear my eyelids are going bald from all the eyelashes I've lost because of the stuff. And I won't even tell you what it looks like stuck to my eyelids. Really. You don't even wanna know. I promise.

The worse news is he also wants me to continue the Restasis for at least 4 months. I don't mind those drops at all, except for their cost. They are $105 for a month's supply! That totally sucks.

But overall the good today by far outweighs the bad!

Yay me!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good gravy blindilocks!
Glad they don't have to operate again...muawhahaha!