Wutz Proof?

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »

I don't know how or why, but there is no cup on this planet that is wutz proof. He is able to crack open every single sort of lidded cup in some interesting way.

When he was a baby just cutting his first teeth, he learned that he could use them like a bottle opener to pry the lids off the disposable sippy cups. He'd laugh as the contents of said up were unceremoniously dumped on the floor.

Then he grew bored with prying the lids off. By then he had all his teeth in place and would gnaw on the sippy cup spouts until they were significantly cracked enough to be able to pour copious amounts of liquid onto the floor once more.

Next he mastered his fine motor skills. This meant that he could grip the sippy cup lids and twist them until the lid easily came off. Again there was a juice puddle on my floor.

Finally, I felt as if I had a handle on his tendencies to pour his juice rather than drink it. Until today.

After preschool we stopped at Chick-Fil-A and got him a Kids' Meal with a sweet tea in a styrofoam cup. We've never had an issue with it before. Until we were halfway home and I heard a soft pop. I turned my head to see a toddler-thumb sized hole in the side of the cup, which he was using to pour Sweet Tea onto the floorboard of my Expedition.

Grrrreat.

He has to stop this someday, right?

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, he probably won't stop it, but someday he'll be old enough to just drink from the cup. Till then....good luck.