Who are all these people and you want me to do WHAT in front of them?

Monday, December 21, 2009 Posted In , , , , Edit This 7 Comments »

For weeks now, the wutz's school has been practicing for the Christmas program. Over and over. Bless them, they have worked so hard for this program. The wutz has been singing the songs nonstop. He'll be playing, then suddenly he'll burst out in song - a Christmas song, of course. You likely saw the video I posted of him singing "The Chubby Little Snowman" which is one of the songs they have been practicing.

During practice, my dear child was the loudest and the most boisterous of the entire school, according to the teachers. So that's why I was so surprised when Friday, after waiting for over an hour to make sure I had a good seat, as the Christmas program began, my child came down the aisle with his face as bright as his red pajamas he was wearing. Tears of pure terror streaked his cherub cheeks.

Ut oh.

As soon as he saw me, he ran up to me and I kissed his cheek and whispered he'd be okay. I gave him a loving shove down the aisle, then he suddenly collapsed to the ground. Face first. So there my crying child was. In the aisle as if he'd been struck down and laid out in the Spirit or something, until the teacher ran and picked him up and carried to his seat, where I could hear him crying that he wanted his Mommy.

Awwwwww.

Finally it was his class' turn for their two songs. I waited eagerly to see if he had calmed. But, alas, I did not see my dear child. I looked over each child standing there on the risers. No wutz. Then I leaaaaannnnned over in the pew so I could see down the aisle to the front of the church and what I saw, I shall never forget:

My child, my dear, darling child... was army crawling down the center aisle searching desperately for me. He would raise up at each pew looking for me. Then he finally found me and he scrambled on my lap. Where he proceeded to whisper/sing each and every song in my ear as we watched the rest of the Christmas program from the pew.

*sigh*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing ever Tara!! Beautiful blog!!

d e v a n said...

aww, he has stage fright. This is the sweetest post.

Cherise said...

Tara-

omg! That's the cutest, sweetest thing ever! The Wutz made me smile:) thank you soooo much for sharing this.

Laura said...

Oh Tara, that is the sweetest thing. I just love that kid!

Unknown said...

That is 100% hootalicious! Love that kid!

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical!!!!! Poor wutz :)

Jann said...

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said. Love the post. Merry Christmas to you!